CITY OF EL CERRITO, PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
NOTICE INVITING BIDS FOR
2023 Slurry Seal PROJECT
City Project No. C3027-23
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of El Cerrito, Contra Costa County, California, will receive sealed bids before 2:00 p.m., on February 7, 2023, in the Office of the City Clerk: El Cerrito City, 10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito, California, 94530, at which time said bids will be publicly opened and read.
2. All of said work is to be performed in accordance with the Specifications and Plans entitled 2023 Slurry Seal PROJECT, CITY PROJECT NO. C3027-23. Paper copies of the Plans and Specifications can be obtained from BPXpress Reprographics located at 4903 Central Avenue, Richmond, CA 94804 for a non-refundable cost of $70.00 per set. Shipping and handling are extra, depending on the delivery method. Electronic copies of the documents are also available for a non-refundable cost of $40.00 per set. Copies of the documents can be viewed and ordered at www.blueprintexpress.com/elcerrito. They can also be ordered by contacting BPXpress Reprographics by phone at (510) 559-8299 or by email at . For any questions about ordering or downloading process, please contact BPXpress. It is the responsibility of each prospective bidder to confirm his/her firm is on the planholders list held at BPXpress to ensure receipt of any subsequent communications, such as Addenda.
3. The work to be done consists of furnishing all materials, equipment, tools, labor, and incidentals as required by the Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents for the above stated project. The general items of work to be done hereunder consist of:
Mobilization; traffic control and construction signage; patch paving, crack seal, slurry seal; pavement delineation; striping and pavement marker installation and such other items or details that are required by the Plans, Standard Specifications, or these Special Provisions to be performed, placed, constructed, or installed.
4. The classification of Contractor’s license required in the performance of this Contract is Class A or C-12.
5. Pursuant to the provisions of Section 1773 of the Labor Code of the State of California, the City has obtained the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work in this locality for each craft, classification or type of workman needed to execute the contract from the Director of the Department of Industrial Relations. These rates are available at the following website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/DLSR/PWD/index.htm.
All contractors and subcontractors who bid or work on a public works project must register and pay an annual fee to Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) pursuant to California Labor Code section 1725.5. Information regarding DIR registration can be found at the following website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/public-works/publicworks.html.
In accordance with Section 1771.1 of the California Labor Code, a contractor or subcontractor shall not be qualified to bid on, be listed in a bid proposal, subject to the requirements of Section 4104 of the Public Contract Code, or engage in the performance of any contract for public work, as defined in this chapter, unless currently registered and qualified to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5. It is not a violation of this section for an unregistered contractor to submit a bid that is authorized by Section 7029.1 of the Business and Professions Code or by Section 10164 or 20103.5 of the Public Contract Code, provided the contractor is registered to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5 at the time the contract is awarded. No contractor or subcontractor may be awarded a contract for public work on a public works project (awarded on or after April 1, 2015) unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to California Labor Code section 1725.5. In accordance with Section 1771.4 of the California Labor Code, this Project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations.
6. The successful bidder shall be required to furnish a labor and materials bond and a faithful performance bond in the amount of one hundred percent (100%) of the amount of the Contract
7. Pursuant to Section 22300 of the Public Contract Code, the Contract will contain provisions permitting the successful bidder to substitute securities for any monies withheld by the City of El Cerrito to ensure performance under the Contract.
8 Each bidder must submit the following documents with its sealed bid: all Proposal pages (pages with page numbering beginning with the letter P, e.g. P-1, P-2, P-3, etc).
9. The Engineer’s estimate for construction for the work is approximately $850,000 (Base Bid).
10. Bidders are encouraged to review and familiarize themselves with field conditions at the various project sites before submitting a bid.
11. A Non-Mandatory pre-bid conference will be held at 1p.m., on Wednesday, January 31, 2023, at the El Cerrito City Hall, 10890 San Pablo Avenue, El Cerrito, California, 94530.
DATED: _January 12, 2023____
Yvetteh Ortiz, P.E.
Public Works Director / City Engineer
Published in West County Times: January 16th and 23rd, 2023
(If there is a material change, addition or deletion to the invitation to bid within 72 hours of the scheduled bid opening time, the bid opening time must be extended for at least 72 additional hours—PCC § 4104.5.)