NTMP requests meeting the qualifying criteria will be prioritized based on the following:
- Travel Speeds - The greater the 85th percentile speed exceeds the designated speed limit by more than 2 mph, the higher the priority ranking up to 15 points.
- Traffic Volumes - The greater the vehicular traffic volume, the higher the priority ranking, up to 10 points.
- Collision History - Locations with a larger number of preventable collisions will receive a higher priority ranking up to 15 points.
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Facilities - Locations that lack pedestrian paths or sidewalks, or a bicycle or pedestrian route designated in the El Cerrito Circulation Plan, will receive a higher priority ranking up to 12 points.
- Pedestrian/Bicycle Activity - Locations near schools, activity centers and transit facilities will receive a higher priority up to 12 points.