Housing Programs Overview
The mission of the Housing Program is to foster the creation of high-quality affordable housing at all income levels and for a variety of needs. The Housing staff administers housing policy and programs, and offers information about affordable housing opportunities in the City of El Cerrito.
Attention: If you are interested in applying for a unit at Hana Gardens, a 63-unit mixed-use senior affordable housing community, you must submit a pre-application online by 5:00 pm, Sunday, January 21, 2018. Incomplete or partially completed pre-applications will not be accepted. All questions can be directed to (925) 957-7001.Please join us January 18 and 19, between 1 and 3pm at the Open House Senior Center to get assistance.
Need help with your application?
Open House Senior Center
6500 Stockton Avenue
el cerrito, ca 94530
To view workshop flyer, click here.
- View the list of affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Learn more about new affordable housing opportunities being created in El Cerrito.
- Learn about the Housing Element update (for 2015 to 2023)
- Affordable Housing Strategy
Learn more about community housing resources:
- Look up resources for finding affordable housing in El Cerrito.
- Find help with housing issues such as foreclosure or tenant/landlord counseling.
- Find housing-related City documents.
- Contact us with another housing-related question
Affordable Housing Strategy
The City's Affordable Housing Strategy was adopted by the City Council August 15, 2017 and is available online.