FY 2023-2024 BUDGET Process
WHAT IS A BUDGET?
A city budget is a planning tool that matches the services desired by the community to the estimated resources available to provide those services, such as police, fire, recreation, community development, public works, and administrative services. El Cerrito’s budget provides a detailed plan for the next fiscal year and forecasts to anticipate future needs and opportunities.
Fiscal Year (FY) 2023-24 Adopted Budget
Review the FY 2023-24 Adopted Budget, now available in a Digital Format, at: el-cerrito.org/FY2024Budget
On Tuesday, June 20, the El Cerrito City Council adopted the Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 2023-24 during a concurrent Special Meeting of the El Cerrito Public Financing Authority, Employee Pension Board, and Regular Meeting of the City Council. Review the presentation to City Council, linked on the right of this page, or visit the following link to review all materials from the meeting:
The mission of the Finance Department is to manage, support, and facilitate quality customer support, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, and the audit of the City of El Cerrito and to enhance the delivery of financial information to the organization and to the community.
Click here for information on the report issued by the California State Auditor on the City's financial condition as well as the City's response and next steps.
Tue, Sep 26
Tue, Oct 3
Tue, Oct 17
ROLE OF THE Financial Advisory Board
The Financial Advisory Board ("FAB") is a group of residents appointed to review the proposed annual (or biennial) budget and long-term financial plan for the City, in order to assist the City Council in making decisions on major expenditures and revenue sources. The FAB meets monthly and the public is welcome to attend.
2023 Financial updates to the City Council
- 1.17.23 Second Quarter Cash and Investment Report
- 1.17.23 Second Quarter Cash and Investment Report (Attachment)
- 3.7.23 - FY23 Midyear Budget Update
- 3.7.23 - FY23 Second Quarter General Fund Update
- 3.7.23 - FY23 Second Quarter General Fund Budget Update (Attachment)
- 3.21.23 - ACFR Staff Report to City Council
- 3.21.23 - FY 2022 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR)
- 4.22.23 Town Hall Budget Overview Presentation
- 5.2.23 Study Session Presentation
- 5.9.2023 Budget Study Session Department Presentations
- 5.16.23 - FY23 Third Quarter General Fund Update
- 5.16.23 - FY23 Third Quarter General Fund Update (Attachment)
- 6.6.23 - FY 2023-24 Proposed Budget Presentation
- 6.20.23 - FY 2023-24 Proposed Budget Presentation