Street Sweeping ProgramStreet sweeping removes pollutants before they drain into storm drains, ditches, and creeks which eventually flow into the San Francisco Bay untreated. Effective January 1, 2015, East Bay Sanitary Company (EBS) will be responsible for street sweeping services in the City of El Cerrito.
Please call EBS at 510-237-4321 or email EBS for all street sweeping related inquiries, questions, or complaints.
Street Sweeping ScheduleClick here to view the Street Sweeping Schedule Map (REVISED October 2020) for more information.
Holiday scheduling: Street sweeping will not occur on holidays, but will occur one week later on the same day of the week as the normally scheduled sweeping.
Help El Cerrito Maximize Street Sweeping Effectiveness!Please use the following guidelines to help us keep your streets clean:
- Please remove your garbage, greenwaste, and recycling containers from the street after they have been picked up.
- Park your cars off the street on your scheduled sweeping day. Sweeping around parked cars requires more time and is a dangerous maneuver.
- Do not clean your front yard into the street. Do not pile leaves. Sweepers are not equipped to pick up large piles of leaves left in the street.
- Keep landscape plants pruned far enough back to allow sweepers to sweep against curb.
- Keep tree branches pruned to a height of 12' above the street to allow passage of sweeper.
- Street is NOT swept on rainy days or if street is wet.
- If you see someone dumping into a storm drain, call 1-800-NODUMPING. Report as much information about the incident and the parties involved as you can.