David Hunter Memorial Scholarship Fund
Special Criteria due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
The City of El Cerrito Recreation Department offers a limited number of scholarships supported by donations for its recreational programs to assist families in need of providing safe, high quality recreation and childcare programs for their children and seniors. During the COVID-19 Pandemic the City’s scholarship criteria has been temporarily changed for more families and children to receive additional financial assistance.
Scholarships are offered in the form of a reduced payment for recreational camps, classes and programs. Scholarships granted may not exceed $300 per person two times per year. Scholarships expire one year from the initial award date. At the discretion of the Recreation Department Director, if funds are available, a higher amount may be granted to a single family. Please note that scholarship amounts, and frequency are dependent on funds available and number of requests. In general, parent/guardian must pay a co-payment of at least 25% of the program fee for each program that you are registering for.
Criteria for qualification has been updated. Please download the application below for more information and to apply.
instructions on how to use your scholarship
Once your application has been approved, a staff member will notify you by email. You can then register for programs through our website www.el-cerrito.org/onlinereg. Below is a summary on how to use your scholarship funds. For detailed instructions on how to use your scholarship funds please click .
- Log onto your account on WebTrac www.el-cerrito.org/onlinereg
- Select all of the activities you want to register your child for and add them to your cart
- At the payment screen you will see the option to select and apply the scholarship funds to the fees
- Apply the scholarship funds to your total. The maximum that can be used is 75%
- Enter your credit / debit card information to pay your co-pay to complete your registration