Curbside Recycling Collection
The City of El Cerrito provides weekly recycling for the entire City.
All recyclables, including papers, cardboard, cans and bottles, plastic containers and bags are collected in grey recycling carts. Residential recycling is collected from the curbside on the same day as garbage collection. Please place your full recycling bins on the street with the wheels against the curb by 6 am on your collection day.
Curbside collection occurs on all holidays except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. If those holidays fall on a regular collection day, then collection for that day and all following days in that week will occur one day later than normal.
Please note: not all items accepted at the Drop-Off Center are included in the curbside program. For example, for following items are not accepted as part of the curbside program and must be brought to the Drop-off Center: batteries, CFL bulbs, electronics, large pieces of scrap metals, medicines/needles, plate glass, and Styrofoam.
Questions?? Brochure available online: Everything you ever wanted to know about recycling and garbage services in El Cerrito. Residential: English | Español Commercial and Multifamily: English | Español
- All Curbside Recycling Materials (small or large quantities) including:
- Mixed Paper- white paper, colored paper, newspaper, shredded paper, file folders, junk mail, magazines, envelopes, etc
- Cardboard (MUST BE strapped, taped or tied together then placed next to recycling bin for pickup)
- Plastic Beverage Containers- all clean plastics, all #s
- Any Hard Plastics or Food Containers- all clean plastics (please, no Styrofoam food trays)
- Glass Containers- bottles and jars rinsed clean (please bring all plate glass or large glass pieces to RERC to recycle)
- Aluminum, Tin, and Scrap Metals- small pieces, clean and empty
- Plastic Film and Wrapping- tightly bagged and tied off at the top- clean grocery bags, bread bags, cling wrap, etc
- Plastic Chemical Bottles- all clean plastics that contained chemicals- (Must triple rinse)
Commercial and Multi-unit Housing accounts: Commercial and apartment recycling services are scheduled on specific collection days. To find out the collection day for your business or apartment complex, or to set up recycling services, please contact us at 510-215-4350 or us.