LAP Swim | Water Walking | Independent Exercise
Get in shape in our heated pool! Swimming is a great workout that improves cardiovascular health, tones muscle and helps maintain a healthy weight. Lanes may be reserved online only, no drop-in or in-person reservations. The online lane reservation system can be complicated! Please review our Online Registration Instruction page before making reservations.
Fitness Swim is not for Families or Swim Lessons, please reserve Family Lanes for those activities.
Information on the steps the Swim Center is taking to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus, plus times, dates, and how to reserve lanes, is in the Policies Manual.
Verification of Residency - Proof of household address may be requested at any time to verify residency. This may be in the form of a utility bill or rental lease.
NEW! Cancellation Policy - Lanes can now be cancelled online (no in-person or over phone cancellations) up to 7pm the day before your reservation! You can reserve lanes up until midnight the day of. A 50% processing fee will be applied, the remaining 50% will be applied as a credit to your household. The Online Instructions page has been updated with instructions on how to cancel a lane reservation.
The Swim Center is CLOSED on City Holidays. For 2020, the pool is closed:
Thursday, November 26
Friday, November 27
Thursday, December 24
Friday, December 25
Thursday, December 31
Friday, January 1, 2021
Fitness Swim will be available for the following times:
Lanes are reserved on the hour for 45-minute time periods.
Continually check the online registration page for cancellations or newly released times!
*Please note the pool will remain open every Monday from 8am-9am during yard maintenance.
**Lane 1 Ladder and Lane 1 Stairs only during Masters practice.
|Reservation Period||Resident Registration||Non-Resident Registration|
|December 14th - 30th*||Tuesday December 8th at 4pm||Wednesday December 9th at 4pm|
|January 2nd - 17th||Tuesday December 15th at 4pm||Wednesday December 16th at 4pm|
|January 19th - 31st*||Tuesday January 12th at 4pm||Wednesday January 13th at 4pm|
*The Swim Center will be closed December 24th, 25th, 31st, January 1st and January 18th
Lane reservations can be made online here.
Fees - Fitness Swim
Per Lane Price:
New Lap Swim Etiquette
- Swim only in the lane you registered for. Lane number is on your receipt and posted in front of each lane.
- Lane 1 is the shallow lane with the stairs. Lane 10 is the deep lane with the ladder.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times until in the water.
- To comply with physical distancing, swim in the middle of your lane. If you must use the stairs/ladder:
- Use the stairs/ladder closest to your lane
- Move through lanes as close to the wall as possible
- Ask the swimmers in each lane to move 6 feet away from the wall while you pass through their lane
- Go under lane lines, not over
- Equipment is not available for use. Swimmers may bring their own equipment such as kick boards and pull buoys
- Painters’ tape will be placed along the pump room wall and in front of each lane for customers bags and belongings. Nothing can be placed inside lockers or on tables/chairs on the deck. Customers must place their belongings inside the painters’ tape.
- No tables, chairs, picnic tables, or other deck equipment will be available for use.
Lap Swim Information
- One length of the pool is 25 yards. One mile is approximately 72 lengths (or 36 laps).
- Swim caps are not required but are encouraged for swimmers with long hair.
- Swimmers must bring their own equipment, no equipment will be provided by the Swim Center.
- Recreation swimming and/or playing in the water is not permitted during Lap Swim.