El Cerrito Passport Acceptance Facility Information
The El Cerrito City Clerk’s Office is designated as an authorized United States Passport Acceptance Facility and is now accepting applications for passport books and the passport card. We will accept your application for a passport and forward all forms and documents to the U.S. Department of State, where your passport will be processed. The Passport Acceptance Office is located at El Cerrito City Hall on the 2nd floor. The Passport Acceptance Office is open on:
- Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. by walk-ins only
Two (2) parent consent is required for all children age 15 and younger (both parents are required to appear with children up to age 16).
For adult renewals (adults over the age of 16), use Form DS-82 and renew by mail.
Visit Travel.State.Gov for more information on applications and passport policies, and to check application status.
What you need to bring:
- Passport application (application should be unsigned) - for first-time applicants and minors under age 16, use Form DS-11.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship - such as one of the following:
- Original certified Birth Certificate issued by the city, county, or state (no photocopies). Beginning April 1, 2011, all birth certificates must also include the full names of the applicant's parent(s).
- Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Original Naturalization Certificate
- Original Certificate of Citizenship
- Personal photo identification (driver's license, passport, school ID)
- Photocopy of photo identification (front and back)
- Current passport if applicable
- One 2 x 2 color passport photo
- Supporting documents in regard to name change, adoption, assumed name, sole custody of a minor, or legal guardianship of a minor
- Passport application fee (payable by check or money order to the U.S. Department of State) Click here for Fee Table.
- City of El Cerrito execution fee of $25
For More Information
Contact Lina Huang, Administrative Clerk Specialist