Application Forms, Submittal Checklists and Information Sheets
refer to the fee table for application fees for the 2017-18 fiscal year.
Note: all fees increase annually on July 1st based upon the consumer price index.
- Development Review Application: Required for all planning entitlements that do not have a separate application listed below. Please see the below for the appropriate checklist of submittal requirements for the specific entitlement you are requesting.
- Fence Clearance Application: Required before constructing or replacing any residential fence.
- Zoning Information Form: Required for any new or relocated business in El Cerrito. New and relocated businesses also require a business license.
- Home Occupation Permit Application: Required before starting any home business. Home businesses also require a business license.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Application: Required before submitting a building permit to construct any Accessory Dwelling Unit (also known as Second Units, In-Law Units, Granny Units, etc.)
- Large Family Daycare Permit Application: Required before starting any home daycare that serves 9 or more children.
- Zoning Clearance Application: Request for official City documentation of zoning district and zoning regulations related to a specific property and land use.
- Residential Chicken Clearance: Required permit to keep up to 4 hens on single-family residential properties at least 4,000 square feet in size.
- Honeybee Keeping Clearance: Required permit to keep one beehive on single-family residential properties at least 5,000 square feet in size.
- Unanimous Neighbor Consent Exception: Required for certain exceptions to the requirements for keeping chickens and bees. This application should be submitted in addition to a Residential Chicken Clearance or a Honeybee Keeping Clearance.
- Massage Operators Permit Application: Part I of the Massage Operator’s Permit Application is required for all practitioners of massage. For owners/operators who are not certified by the California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC), Part II of the Massage Operator’s Permit Application is required to be filled out. Part II requires a background check. Please review Section 8.10, Massage Businesses, of the El Cerrito Municipal Code for more information about this type of business, use, and regulations.