Community Service & Programs
The City of El Cerrito Recreation Department offers volunteer opportunities for teens (grades 8-12). We will keep a log of the hours each teen works and provide letters of recommendation or completion upon request. Teens will have an opportunity to develop new skills, perform a vital service to the community, and meet new people. For more information, please email email@example.com.
There are opportunities throughout the calendar year for teens to volunteer. We will update the application form to reflect what is (at that time) available.
- Light Administrative Work - Varying depending on need and schedule
- Letter Writing Workshop - Letters to Veterans, Retirement Homes, Children’s Hospitals, etc. - Thursday, February 27th
- Spring Tea - Saturday, April 4th (11AM-2PM)
- Spring Egg Hunt - Saturday, April 11th (9AM-10:30AM)
- Letter Writing Workshop - Letters to Veterans, Retirement Homes, Children’s Hospitals, etc. - Saturday, May 2nd
Summer 2020 OPPORTUNITIES
Ages 13-17 yrs old
1. Location: El Cerrito Community Center, Recreation Department Office. Opening: Office Intern; accepting 1 – 2 for the summer, hours and days flexible
2. Location: Midtown Activity Center Opening: Elder Tech Tutoring; a program to help 50+ community with technology like iPhones, tablets, and computers. We would like to have 1 – 2 Volun-Teens consistently be available each week on either one or two days a week for a two hour window of time.
3. Location: Varies Opening: Many openings to assist with the City’s annual 4th of July celebration. Tasks can include but are not limited to taking inventory, organizing materials, assist with paperwork, and as we get closer to the event, assisting with the setup and take down. We are also looking for Volun-Teens to assist day-of.
4. Location: Varies Opening: A few openings for ad-hoc special projects that could include painting, removing/putting up signage, cleaning, organizing, filing, and more.
Community Service Special Projects
Summer 2020 Community Service Special Projects is open to anyone, pairs, groups, etc who are interested in volunteering for the Recreation Department. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org