Community Development Department
Planning, Building and Public Works Front Counter Services
Mondays and Wednesday: 8am-4pm
Tuesday and Thursdays: 8am-6pm
Fridays: Every Other Friday, by Prior Appointment Only
The Community Development Department provides the community with innovative and practical solutions to enhance a prosperous, healthy and sustainable city through the following divisions and programs:
- Affordable Housing: high quality affordable housing development; affordable housing opportunities; housing policy and programs.
- Building: plan review and inspection services; community outreach and education; enforcement of State building regulations.
- Code Enforcement: ensure that building and zoning ordinances are followed by responding to citizen complaints and proactively investigating violations.
- Economic Development: development services; job creation; private investment and small business support.
- Planning: development review process; City codes, plans and regulations; long-range planning efforts.
New COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FEES
Effective July 1, 2022, a New City-wide Master Fee Schedule went into effect. Click to view the 2022-23 Master Fee Schedule.
All Planning and Building Permit fees for Accessory Dwelling Units are discounted by 50%!
And, further discounted 5% more if the design implements Universal Design Elements!
In addition, all Building Permit fees for multiple Electric Vehicle Commercial Charging Stations are being subsidized by the City of El Cerrito to encourage and facilitate their numbers growing, citywide.